Home > Uncategorized > All Things Vallonia, Part Deux

All Things Vallonia, Part Deux

The Sears Vallonia was easily one of Sears most popular designs.  It had a practical, thoughtful floor plan and it was an attractive design and offered a finished or unfinished second floor. Lots of expandable space for the not-so-expandable budget.

I’ll update this post with more information in the coming days, but for now, here are some photos.

Sears Vallonia from the Sears Modern Homes catalog

Sears Vallonia from the Sears Modern Homes catalog

Sears Vallonia in Lewisburg, WV

Sears Vallonia in Lewisburg, WV. Even porch railings are original!

Sears Vallonia - compared  with the catalog image

Sears Vallonia - compared with the catalog image

Sears Vallonia in Charleston, WV

Sears Vallonia in Charleston, WV

Sears Vallonia in Cairo, Illinois.

Sears Vallonia in Cairo, Illinois. Yes, that is a Vallonia back there.

To buy Rose’s book, click here.

*   *   *

1. Shaunna
    February 17th, 2011 at 21:29 | #1

Hi there. Stumbled on your page of Sears homes while searching this model. I believe my house is a 1925 Vallonia and it’s a bit differently laid out than these plans or types. One and a half stories, full basement runs completely under front porch (which goes across the whole width of the house), and I bought this place in 2003. Lots of original yellow pine woodwork (baseboards, windows, 5-panel doors : ), french doors and a bay window in the dining room). Rumor has it (but I haven’t verified) that it’s a 1925 Sears kit house. I’m in Brooksville, KY (along the OH river and yes, a railroad). Any help you have on this would be great!

Rose’s Reply: Please send me a photo and I can tell you what it is. Send photos to thorntonrose@hotmail.com.

2. David
    October 6th, 2011 at 20:27 | #2

I have a mid twenties Vallonia home and I am looking for parts. Does anyone sell electrical fixtures for these homes?

3. Dave Carlson
    January 29th, 2013 at 10:23 | #3

I’m in the process of researching the Vallonia to build one new.

Any help on the dimensions (which are kind of hard to read on the catalog pages) and the roof pitches would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4. Dwayne Hubbard
    April 5th, 2013 at 22:12 | #4

Dave Carlson :I’m in the process of researching the Vallonia to build one new.

Dave have you found your dimensions yet?

I am in a Vallonia that I am getting ready to sell in order to move back out in the country. I love this house. If I could move it I would. More importantly for you I have two copies, I think, of the original blueprints.

The blue prints have some GOOD alterations from sears. The second floor is taller than most with an eight foot ceiling and nine foot down stairs. maybe we could make arrangements to get copies for you. heres a link http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/235-Fort-St-Bremen-OH-43107/33799778_zpid/

5. Dave Carlson
    July 13th, 2013 at 16:20 | #5

Thanks so much for the reply. I had posted comments in a few places and did not get back to this one.

If there’s any way that I could get a copy of the blueprints from you it would be much appreciated. P

lease contact me via my email address.

6. John Townsend
    July 18th, 2013 at 18:03 | #6

Mr. Dwayne Hubbard,

I just bought a Vallonia (circa 1935) in Cleveland OH.

I would like to buy copies of the blueprints and any other material concerning this type of house, if you would be so kind. Thanks for your time.

You can reach me at applejak_2000(att)yahoo(dot)com

Best Regards,
    John

7. Karen
    April 25th, 2015 at 07:23 | #7

I own a Vallonia in Meriden, Connecticut.

8. Jan Carney
    September 8th, 2016 at 09:22 | #8

We have a 1927 Vallonia house on Main Street in Plymouth, Michigan. The floor plan is a bit different with 3 living room windows on the right and the stairway on the left of the front door. There is only 1 bedroom downstairs and 2 upstairs with no bathroom. We used the little dormer room in front as a baby room. There is a walk-in attic off the one bedroom upstairs. Full basement even under the porch. Kitchen very tiny and there is a small entry porch.

Living room fake fireplace flanked with glass door bookcases with small windows above. And there is a tiny coat closet with a mirror front door under the stairway. I am trying to find the floor plan for a 3-bedroom Vallonia.

9. Evelyn Vagnier
    December 18th, 2016 at 18:17 | #9

How can I send you a pic of my parents home where I grew up?

10. Rachel Owsley
    April 19th, 2017 at 22:57 | #10

@Dwayne Hubbard
    Hi Dwayne, Would it be possible to get a copy of those blue prints?

I love the Vallonia Design and would like to build one when I find the right spot. It is a bit like the homes in my aunt’s neighborhood in Nashville.

Do you know if anyone has assembled a book with blue prints?

I am not sure if there are any homes that are similar to the Vallonia that I could compare.

Thank you so much!