Home > Uncategorized > Wayne

Wayne

My husband - the man that was supposed to be the happy ending to my life story - died suddenly and unexpectedly on April 18, 2016. He was only 63.

I’d be grateful for any and all prayers as I adjust to a “new normal.”

Categories: Uncategorized Tags:
  1. MJ West
    June 7th, 2016 at 18:05 | #1

Heartbreaking . So sorry Rose.

2. Paige
    June 8th, 2016 at 01:01 | #2

Dear Rose, I am so sorry about the incomprehensible situation that has come your way.

Though you do not know me, I wanted to let you know that I’ve heard so many good things about both your family through painter Tory Newman who worked for us here in Ghent several years ago and knew I loved anything “old”….so he would speak about your Sears house research.

I just wanted to reach out to let you know i am sending many prayers your way.

I simply cannot imagine this impossible time, but hope that second by second, minute by minute, God just wraps you in a sacred peace so that you can co-exist with and begin to adjust to this difficult new normal ….Sending love and prayers, Paige Rose

3. Debbie
    June 8th, 2016 at 03:39 | #3

I too love the old sears kit houses and that is how I found your web site. I want to actually build one for myself to live in.

Although I am as my dad used to say an “unclaimed treasure” I read about your loss and I wanted to just say something because I know it must be very hard for you. My dad died suddenly in heavy equipment accident and it happened just like that as they say.

I believe that when someone asks you to pray for them, you pray because prayers are free and should be given wholeheartedly! I decided to do this today because I really truly wanted to extend my sympathy to you. I hope things get better for you .. I am sure it will take a long time.

4. Ann B Sides
    June 8th, 2016 at 15:51 | #4

Rose, I came to your website today to ask whether you’d be interested in lecturing to our lifetime learning program at NCSU (OLLI) about the kit homes of Raleigh.

However, I see that you’ve been going through a very rough patch. I am so profoundly sorry for your loss!

You can e-mail me when/if you feel ready to consider an invitation to talk about your book and your life’s work identifying kit homes.

Till then, please accept my prayerful condolences.

5. June 8th, 2016 at 17:58 | #5

Rose, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. With Blessings, Patricia

6. Diane
    June 8th, 2016 at 20:08 | #6

Rose, I heard abut the death of your beloved husband on the Sears home Facebook page.

I don’t know you personally but as a Sears home owner, I kind of feel like I do. Like you, I found the love of my life later in life, and like Wayne he is 63.

I am so sorry for your loss and am sending loving thoughts and prayers your way.

I hope that you can find some measure of happiness in your new normal, but I know it will be a process with ups and downs. All the best, Diane

7. Eric.
    June 9th, 2016 at 15:59 | #7

Bonsoir Rose.
    Voila plusieurs années que je viens pratiquement chaque jours visiter votre site.
    Les articles sur les maisons sears m’ont fait rêver, au point que j’ai fait construire dans le Centre Est de La France, une maison en bois largement inspirée par les catalogues du debut des années 20′ de cette firme Américaine.
    Depuis plusieurs semaines à présent plus aucun article ne paraissait, mais j’étais très loin d’imaginer ce qui avait pu arriver!
    Je viens de l’apprendre ce soir, pensant simplement pourvoir lire un nouvel article.
    Je ne vous connais pas personnellement, si ce n’est à travers votre passion que je partage depuis plusieurs années à présent pour ces merveilleuses maisons en bois…
    Mes pensée et mon cœur vous accompagnent en ces tristes jours.
    Acceptez mes sincères condoléances.
    Eric.

8. Jenny
    June 9th, 2016 at 19:35 | #8

So very sorry for your loss, Rose.

9. Alan
    June 10th, 2016 at 00:26 | #9

[hug]

10. Carolyn Hancock
    June 13th, 2016 at 18:50 | #10

So sorry Rose to hear about your husband. Sending you prayers and hugs.

11. Judy Marks
    June 15th, 2016 at 19:59 | #11

Rose- I am thinking of you and holding you close to my heart. Your loss is so devastating. You are in my thoughts. Judy

12. June 17th, 2016 at 23:20 | #12

Oh dear I’m so sorry Rose. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

13. Carol Bumbacco
    June 23rd, 2016 at 11:29 | #13

Rose … I am so sorry … too young.

14. Russ
    July 5th, 2016 at 00:25 | #14

As an occasional visitor to your blog over the years, I’ve enjoyed very much all your pictures and scans, and admired your vast knowledge and research, preserving so much history of American housing.

I am saddened to hear of the death of your husband, and I offer sincerest sympathies. My husband also died unexpectedly eleven years ago of a heart attack at the age of 54, so I do know what a terribly cruel blow that is. Bless you.

15. Margaret Hill
    July 16th, 2016 at 14:03 | #15

Didn’t know of this when I wrote my other post. I’ve been through it too. Know that my prayers are with you. Hugs!

16. Janice Siska Hjelmgren
    February 17th, 2017 at 10:38 | #16

I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope that you find your house to rescue, and I hope that your light continues to reawaken.

Thank you for keeping your blog up and running for all of us.