Home > Uncategorized > The Children Are Coming!

The Children Are Coming!

Yesterday, I was notified that the books are printed and will soon be arriving!

And I’m happy to report that if the trend continues, this “first printing” (small run of only 200 books) will be sold out in less than 30 days. After that, I’m going to take a little time and decide what’s next. There’s every possibility that the 200 books will be it.

A heartfelt thank you to those who have ordered a copy.

*To order your very own copy of “Penniman, Virginia’s Own Ghost City,” click on the Paypal button below. Price is $29.95 plus $6.00 shipping. This first printing will be only 200 copies, each of which will be signed by the author.

The Whisnant family, in front of Penniman bank, have waited a very long time for this book.

My books are probably enjoying the ride.

My books are probably enjoying the ride, courtesy Saia Freight Lines. (Image is courtesy Saia, Inc., kind of, but in reality, I lifted this image from their website without permission, so let's hope they're feeling courteous.)

Pennima

Front cover of the Penniman book.

1. Melissa Burgess
    June 13th, 2017 at 08:28 | #1

How exciting! I ordered an extra. That should take care of Christmas gifts!

2. Linda Ramsey
    June 13th, 2017 at 08:29 | #2

It’s funny. We were traveling from Georgia yesterday and saw one of these trucks.

I had never seen one from this company that I could remember and was not sure if the name was Saia or Sala.

Usually don’t remember things like this.

I wonder if your books were on that truck and that is why it spoke to me.

3. June 13th, 2017 at 08:32 | #3

It was in Charlotte, NC yesterday. :D

June 13th, 2017 at 17:42 | #4

Woohoo!

5. Elvis Newton
    June 13th, 2017 at 20:18 | #5

Rose - did you ever look at http://www.createspace.com for publishing? Near zero cost, maybe $6 or so for a 300 page proof copy.

No inventory, it is all print on demand, they ship. Free listing on Amazon or you sell from link on your site to the createspace site and make a bit more royalty.

They take order, ship and you get royalty check.

Use your own ISBN or one free from them.

Cover can be in color but rest is black and white. Softcover only but I think that is what you have.

I have six books with them under a pseudonym. Worth looking at, then you stay in print forever. Put your other ones with them too.

6. Sandy Pilarski
    June 13th, 2017 at 23:07 | #6

This is so exciting. I’m ordering mine tomorrow!

Kudos to you Rosemary for trudging through the mire and making it out on the other side. Soldiering on.

7. Linda Ramsey
    June 15th, 2017 at 13:56 | #7

We went right thru Charlotte. We will never know if that was the truck but it makes me feel more connected. @Sears Homes

8. Linda Ramsey
    June 15th, 2017 at 13:59 | #8

I have received my Penniman book and can hardly wait to get started reading!

Rosemary, you have an insert about finding errors (typos etc.)

I seem to be an expert at finding others errors (but of course never see my own).

I will let you know if I find any.

June 16th, 2017 at 14:12 | #9

Received mine today! Huge book, compared to the other two I have from you.

Don’t let that research ability go to waste. There’s a lot more of it in you!